Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Place in Mind

"On New Year’s Day of the first winter we lived on our land, I put my son, Milo, into a little blue backpack and took him for a walk in the woods. The day was warm––topping forty degrees––and sunny. Melting ice dripped from the eaves and the softening crust of snow yielded to my footfalls."
I'm super excited that Northern Woodlands magazine picked up a short piece I wrote about a tree and an onterested in trees or wildlife or nature or silviculture or conservation, I'd recommend you subscribe. The magazine is always full of interesting things about this neck of the woods.


I'm super excited that Northern Woodlands picked up for their Winter 2014 issue a short piece I wrote about a tree and an owl and a little boy who has grown up very fast. Unfortunately, it's not available online, but if you pick up a copy of the magazine, flip to the inside back cover, and it'll be there in the "A Place in Mind" feature. And if you live in the Northeast and are interested in trees or wildlife or nature or silviculture or conservation, I'd recommend you subscribe. The magazine is always full of interesting things about this neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...