Monday, November 17, 2014

This and That

 Since I last posted about our snowstorm, we've had some sun,


And some wind, and two more snowstorms (both on workdays, so no photos, and neither enough to shut down school).


In the meantime, I've been trying to overcome some of my own natural inertia:

  • Making appointments, taking care of car- and bank- and gym-related things. 
  • Piddling around on some small writing and editing projects, but not getting started on a bigger piece that keeps rattling around in my brain.
  • Getting out the knitting for the first time in months (and even putting in a few rows!).
  • Realizing Christmas is right around the corner...and stirring the pot by trying to mix up family Christmas gift traditions--trying to make things less money- and material-oriented (for admittedly selfish reasons...we have so many people on our Christmas list...it would be so much easier to whip up small things in big batches than seek out unique gifts suited to each person!). My theme for this year is "Impersonal But Heartfelt." How is that for a slogan?
  • Creating a new Facebook page in an effort to beef up my "platform." I haven't entirely figured out how it will work, but the goal is to showcase writing that combines the themes of motherhood and nature. Check it out at Mother, Nature.
  • Getting ready for a public reading I'll be giving this Saturday at Local Buzz in Cape Elizabeth. I'm equal parts excited and freaked out. If you're local, come check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your reading! Is it something of yours I've read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel--
    Thank you! It's an abridged piece of my rock 'n' roll story from Motherlode.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...