Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Weekend Things--Reentry

We had a quiet weekend, getting back into the swing of a normal life. Shuttling kids to friends. A walk in the woods for the first time in a very long while.Journaling while E smashed ice with a pole.Catching snowflakes.A rare moment of brotherly love. 

A bit of progress on M's neverending quilt.And a couple more rocks.The first one I made while watching Jeeves and Wooster DVDs with Milo and the second during Downton Abbey and Sherlock.Two of my mentors to whom I gave rocks from the last batch saw the most lovely metaphors for writing in them––about putting unlike things (rock and lace) together, how the lace bends around the rock, how it looks impossible to do, but it's not. I wish I could remember only a fraction of what they said. By contrast, I was showing the finished rocks to a crafty friend at work when one of her coworkers walked by and said, "Crocheted rocks? Now that's proof that someone has too much time on their hands!" This is why I much prefer the company of imaginative people.















2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...