Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Now They Are Six

I don't think my babies are babies anymore...





E and Z turned six today.  Six!!!  Which, times two is actually twelve.


Here are their presents before:
And here they are after:


I always try to go minimalist with the presents, and then I always worry that I'm depriving them--this year I got them each two pairs of jeans (which really means four pairs for Z, because E doesn't like jeans, but it's not the season for corduroys or fleece pants, and it's time they look a little less like orphans with twice-patched knees), several pairs of socks, a small Lego set each, a Henry Huggins book each, a bigger Lego set for Z and his very own chess ("chest") set for E, and a copy of AA Milne's Now We Are Six, a single copy of which I finally found after several fruitless laps around the Barnes & Noble children's section. They were thrilled with everything, especially after raking in more loot from the grandparents and various other mail-senders.

We celebrated with dinner at the A1 Diner, topped off with warm brownie cups with ice cream:






Which, I must say, they ate with a little more decorum than at their first birthday.





4 comments:

  1. WOW! Happy B'day to E & Z.

    "But now I am six,
    I'm as clever as clever.
    So I think I'll be six
    now and forever."

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to those gorgeous boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those baby cheeks. Adorable. Happy sixth (or twelfth) to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do miss those cheeks...but I don't think I'd want to deal with two toddlers in the house again!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...